Noel Clarke “renames” production company after allegations of misconduct

Rumor has it that Noel Clarke is making a comeback (Photo: Brett Cove / SOPA Images / LightRocket via Getty Images)

Noel Clarke appears to have renamed his TV production company amid speculation he plans to resume his career following the misconduct allegations earlier this year.

The Kidulthood actor has been out of the limelight since several women stepped forward in April to accuse him of sexual misconduct and bullying.

Last week it was announced that Noel, 45, had left his production company, Unstoppable Film and TV, alongside his business partner Jason Maza.

However, documents filed by Companies House show that the company was renamed Iconoclast Entertainment Limited.

The government-approved website hosts a copy of the “Certificate of Incorporation on Change of Name” confirming the change on July 23 – the same day Noel and Jason resigned from Unstoppable.

Noel is listed as an active director of Iconoclast and owns between 25-50% of the company’s shares, as does Jason.

Unstoppable had produced Noel’s hit drama Sky Bulletproof as well as films like Adulthood and Brotherhood. He was suspended from his business as part of an investigation into the allegations.

Noel Clarke in Bulletproof

Former Noel company Unstoppable Film and TV produced their Bulletproof series (Photo: Ali Painter)

Noel’s career apparently came to a halt after allegations emerged this spring, with the BBC announcing that she would no longer collaborate on any Noel Clarke productions.

Filming for the fourth season of Bulletproof was immediately canceled and his membership in Bafta was put on hold over the allegations, which he vehemently denied.

In a statement, the filmmaker said he would “seek professional help” to “educate himself”.

Noel Clarke at Baftas

Noel has been out of the spotlight since the allegations emerged in April (Photo: Getty Images)

“I vehemently deny any sexual misconduct or any criminal wrongdoing,” read the post, obtained by PA.

“However, recent reports have made it clear to me that some of my actions have affected people in ways that I did not foresee or realize.

“To these people, I am deeply sorry. I will seek professional help to educate myself and change for the better.

The post said Clarke categorically denied all but one allegation through his lawyers, accepting that he had previously made inappropriate comments about a woman, for which he later apologized. .

Metro.co.uk has attempted to contact Noel Clarke’s representatives for comment.

Do you have a story?

If you have a celebrity story, video or photos, contact the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us at [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit page love to hear from you.

MORE: Noel Clarke quits his own production company over allegations of misconduct

MORE: Two Ronnies crime writer and actress Clare Dunkel aka Mo Hayder dies aged 59

Show biz

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*